Thursday, May 15, 2008

Good-bye ugly green...

Good-bye ugly seasick green,




Hello... creamy beige?...





Not too much to say really. I put a 3rd coat on the deck where the white awl-grip will be. Then I solvent washed the hull and put three coats of high build primer on the hull about 3 hours apart. After seeing ugly green for so long it is a nice feeling to see something even a little better.

Now I have to wait a day and then I have a marathon of sanding to do. Today is all about building my strength.

Oh, and I had one little problem...



I had the brake light come on in my mobile pickup/workshop. I said to myself, "Self, I have yet more electrical gremlins to track down". Then, as I drove to the boat for the final coat I lost my brakes. Well, they got real mushy and I got scared. I pulled into a local hardware store and filled up on fluid and gingerly drove to the boat. From there I decided it wasn't worth it and abandoned the truck to the boatyard. Luckily I have three vehicles to chose from at the moment.

In this photo I captured the drip.




From the looks of things I am pretty sure there is a steady stream when I step on the brake pedal. I found the problem too. Seems every brake line has been replaced except this one. That is today's project while I wait for the primer to set up.



Oh, and sadly, I had several phone calls yesterday about multiple job interviews. I really don't want to work yet. There is too much to do on the boat. On the other hand, I don't have the money the boat needs either. I think if I can put off a new job for about two weeks that will give me time to finish up the priming job which is really the biggest thing I need to do this year.

Time to go watch paint dry...

No comments: