Sunday, August 20, 2017

Summer 2017 Update

Just a minor update as little has been done on the boat this year.  The new (to me) house is demanding a lot of time and little is left over for Jenny.

Projects I am working on are the replacement of the Marelon seacocks with proper bronze seacocks. This job is nearly done but the replacement seacocks do not have the same dimensions which is requiring some rework to make them all fit.    One of my cockpit drains just will not line up with the drain underneath and I am about halfway through moving the cockpit drain fitting about an inch over.  It won't be perfectly symmetrical with the other drain but the alternative seems to be more work than it is worth.  Particularly when it is so hard to get anything accomplished around the house repairs and  I don't want to add anything I don't need to to the to-do list.

I am also routing the deck drains out of the cockpit well and into their own hull thru-hulls.  I just wasn't happy with the decks draining into the cockpit and with the other rework going on it seemed a good time to rectify that.

Honestly, it isn't much fun to document a job that I have already done once so no new pictures at the moment.

Otherwise, I try to hit the odd nagging issue that doesn't require too much surgery but isn't really noteworthy enough for the blog.

Em tasol wantoks

No comments: